Who are we?

The center of the Traditional Anglican Communion; adhering to the Holy Bible (KJV) in all matters of Faith and Doctrine, a strict reliance on the Thirty Nine Articles of Religion, The two Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion, the Two Creeds, and the Homilies and formularies of the Reformation Church of England.

Verse of the Day

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Bird and the Pendant – 13 January 2016, Anno Domini


            Several days ago, my wife was preparing to depart for a visit to Korea to visit relatives. After loading the bags in my truck, she came out with her coat draped over her arm. About halfway to Atlanta, where she would catch her flight, she discovered that a cherished pendant was missing from her coat lapel. It was a pendant with many brilliant stones mounted on its face.

            I assured my wife it had probably dropped off on the lawn and I would find it. I forgot about it for the moment. Several days after returning home, I saw that a bird had been killed on my lawn, apparently by a cat that patrols my grounds. I wondered how the cat was able to catch the bird on the open lawn.

After several days, I decided to remove the dead bird. When I moved its little body, I discovered the pendant underneath lying on the grass.

            The truth of the situation dawned on me. Birds are attracted to shiny objects, even though shiny objects hold no benefit for the bird. The bird had become engrossed with the pendant and was oblivious to all that was about him.

            The cat, seeing the bird at a moment of unguarded care, slowly and stealthily crept upon him and murdered him. The cat was not hungry. It is simply in his nature to kill that which he can.

            We are much like that bird. We are attracted by the shiny lights of the city, by social acceptance, by things which hold no benefit or health for us.

            Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:8)

            When we become infatuated with the cares and shiny apparitions of this world, we are exposing ourselves needlessly to the designs of him who would seek our destruction. The adversary has no use for you other than to murder you. So adhere to those things which are proven, which are true, which are beautiful, which are eternal...and the adversary will never catch you defenseless on the lawn of life.

~ by Jerry Ogles

©2000 Logos of St. Andrews