Who are we?

The center of the Traditional Anglican Communion; adhering to the Holy Bible (KJV) in all matters of Faith and Doctrine, a strict reliance on the Thirty Nine Articles of Religion, The two Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion, the Two Creeds, and the Homilies and formularies of the Reformation Church of England.

Verse of the Day

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Defined by Doing – 12 May 2022, Anno Domini (In the Year of our Lord)


 

Y

E are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. (John 15:13-14)

 

            A soldier is identified in more ways than one and, in most cases, each description must apply. Firstly, of all, he must swear allegiance to the sovereign authority that calls him to service. Secondly, He must be trained in the arts of war, and thirdly, he must wear the uniform of his branch of service. Beyond these, he must quit himself as a soldier in the duties to which assigned whether in a support role or in direct combat arms.

 

He marches under the colors and banner of his nation. He never abandons his fellows on the field of battle.

 

            In so many ways, this is the role of the Christian. We are, after all, soldiers for Christ. He is our Sovereign, and it is under His banner: “He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.”  (Song 2:4) We are called to the Throne of Mercy by our Sovereign Lord. We commissioned into His service to carry forth the Gospel to all tribes, nations, and tongues. We wear the uniform of our service which is the White Robe of Righteousness purchased by our Lord at Calvary. We are trained by His Excellency the Holy Ghost by way of the Inerrant Word of God. That Word is our marching orders and our Operator’s Manual. We must quit ourselves as loyal soldiers of the Crown and not look back to the sordid world of Sodom which we leave behind. We love our brother, sister, and neighbor as ourselves and will not abandon them, nor the Sovereign under whom we serve.

 

What defines our persons and conduct as soldiers of Christ? There are seven things believers in Christ are seen to be as defined by their actions in John 15 as well as the responsibility that accrues to our calling: 

 

1.     We are fruitful branches through union with Christ abiding (living) in Him: “If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned(John 15:6)

 

 

2.     Clothed with faith, we abide as suppliants to our Lord: “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” (John 15:7)

 

3.     As a tree is known by its fruits, so is the Christian soldier known by his labors and fruit produced: “Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” (John 15:8)

 

4.     As subjects of the All-High King, we are obedient to His commands and orders: “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.” (John 15:10)

 

5.     We are no longer servants laboriously working chores that are unpleasant, but friends of the Master of the House: “Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.” (John 15:14-15)

 

6.     As soldiers, we will suffer deprivation and persecution for the sake of our Master: “Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.” (John 15:20)

 

7.     Because we serve the same Lord and same Cause, we are yoked together with the family of believers in God who bear witness of this Gospel once delivered to the saints: “And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning. (John 15:27)

 

Having the title of ‘saint’ requires a conformance to the role of saint. Though we are saved by grace alone and with no consideration of personal merit, we are nonetheless saved unto good works. Claiming faith without demonstrated evidence through good works is hypocrisy.