Who are we?

The center of the Traditional Anglican Communion; adhering to the Holy Bible (KJV) in all matters of Faith and Doctrine, a strict reliance on the Thirty Nine Articles of Religion, The two Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion, the Two Creeds, and the Homilies and formularies of the Reformation Church of England.

Verse of the Day

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Substitute




(Testimony of Sir James Simpson, MD – discoverer of Chloroform as anesthetic)

NOTE: Dr. Simpson was a famous medical doctor, professor, and scientist in England during the 1800’s. As a boy, his experiences caused him to hate seeing pain in others. So he sought out and discovered the use of chloroform as an anesthetic. He made many other brilliant advances in medicine. As Professor of Medicine, he was asked to speak with an esteemed gathering of physicians. Asked what his greatest discovery was, Dr. James Simpson responded, “That my Lord died for me!” Endnote.

            “When I was a boy at school I saw a sight I can never forget – a man tied to a cart and dragged before the people’s eyes of my native town, his back torn and bleeding from the lash,. It was a shameful punishment. For many offenses? No; for one offense. Did any of the townsmen offer to divide the lashes with him? No; he who committed the offense bore the penalty all alone. It was a penalty of a changing human law, for it was the last instance of its infliction.

            “When I was a student at University, I saw another sight I can never forget – a man brought out to die. His arms were pinioned, his face was already pale as death – thousands of eager eyes were on him as he came from the jail in sight. Did any man ask to die in his room? Did any friend come and loose the rope and say, “Put it around my neck. I die instead”? No; he underwent the sentence of the law alone. Was it for many offenses? No, for only one offense. He had stolen a money parcel from a stagecoach. He broke the law at one point and he died for it. It was the penalty of a changing human law in this case also; it was the last instance of capital punishment being inflicted for that offense.

            “I saw another sight I shall never forget – myself a sinner, standing on the brink of ruin, condemned to eternal punishment in the lake of fire. For one sin? No, for many, many sins committed. I looked again, and behold, Jesus Christ became my Substitute. But again I looked and saw Jesus, my substitute, scourged in my stead and dying on the cross for me. I looked and cried and was forgiven. And it seems to be my duty to tell you of that Saviour, to see if you will not also look and live.He was wounded for our transgressions, . . . and with His stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53:5,6). He bore in His own body on the tree all the punishment for my sin. He died on the cross that I might live in the Glory. He suffered the just for the unjust that He might bring me to God. He redeemed me from the curse of the law. I sinned and was condemned to eternal punishment; He bore the punishment and I am free.

The “Law of God required a perfect righteousness that I never had. Again, I looked unto Him and I found that Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to every one that believeth. The Law required spotless purity and I was defiled with sin. Again I looked unto Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood. I was a child of Satan, a child of wrath, but as many as received Him to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name. And I found in Him not only my Substitute, but the full supply of every need in my life. I long to tell you of this Savior for there is none other Name under Heaven given among men whereby we may be saved!”