Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 6, 2026

 THE STRAIGHT WAY TO HEAVEN

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

It is stated, that as an eloquent preacher delivered a discourse, in which he set forth the intense and eternal torments of the finally impenitent, one of the modern doubters was present; and having a desire to show his knowledge, followed the preacher to the house, where he took tea after the exercises of the day were closed, and introduced himself by saying

"Well, sir, I have been to hear you preach, and have come here to request you to prove your doctrine."

"I do not find anything in my Bible to prove that the sinner is eternally damned and I do not believe any such thing."

"What do you believe ]" "Why I believe that mankind will be judged according to the deeds done in the body: and those that deserve punishment will be sent to hell, and remain there until the debt is paid," etc.

I have but a word to say to you; and first, for what did Christ die? And lastly, there is a straight road to heaven; but if you are determined to go round by way of hell to get there, I cannot help it," said the preacher,

 "The man took his leave, but his mind was ill at ease."There is a straight road to heaven" still rang in his ears.

He went home, read his Bible attentively, and was soon convinced of, and acknowledged his error, and after a suitable time united with the followers of Christ.

 THE STRAIGHT WAY TO HEAVEN " Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction...